- Fire burns grass and trees Thursday, threatens home
- Posted July 2, 2012 midnight
- A cutting torch was responsible for a grass fire Thursday, June 28 northeast of the Scoular Ethanol Plant. The fire was not close to the plant and it was never in danger. The wind blew the fire into grass and trees and briefly threatened a rural home but firefighters from Township 12 and Iuka stopped the fire before it could get close to the house. The fire burned only grass and trees.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Rollover accident injures two southwest of Pratt
- Becker hits grand slam, Pratt softball upsets Frontenac
- Investigation continues in pickup rollover and fire
- Accident claims second life
- Engines will roar at weekend car show
- A few hours, small bills make a difference at South Wind Hospic...
- Kansas FREE fishin' days
- Expect traffic delays on U.S. 54 to Greensburg
- No resolution yet on employee leave time
- Zoning Board approves changes to wind energy ordinance
- Girl Scouts awarded for busy year
- Read more top stories