- Burning bin
- Posted Dec. 4, 2012 midnight
- A tall grain storage bin caught fire at Gate Way Farms seven miles south of Pratt on U.S. 281 at the former PattiJohn Farms. The bin had been opened to remove the grain in preparation for tearing down the bin when the grain, that had been in the bin for years, caught fire sending smoke through the top of the bin. A back hoe was used to pull the burning grain out of the bin while the Sawyer Fire Department stood and hosed down the burning grain. The grain was removed without incident.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Investigation continues in pickup rollover and fire
- Accident claims second life
- Engines will roar at weekend car show
- A few hours, small bills make a difference at South Wind Hospic...
- Kansas FREE fishin' days
- Expect traffic delays on U.S. 54 to Greensburg
- No resolution yet on employee leave time
- Zoning Board approves changes to wind energy ordinance
- Girl Scouts awarded for busy year
- T-Bird trio qualifies
- College trustees consider reinstating golf program
- Read more top stories