Appointments encouraged to avoid waiting.
The annual enrollment period for Medicare Plan D for prescriptions is Oct. 15 to Dec. 7.
Beginning Oct. 16 through Dec. 4, the Prescription Assistance Program at Pratt Regional Medical Center will extend its hours on Tuesdays to help anyone who wishes to do a comparison on their plan. Tuesday hours will be 9 a.m. to noon, 1-4 p.m. and 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other hours during the week will be Wednesdays 9-noon and 1-3 p.m. and on Thursdays from 1-4 p.m.
Four trained volunteers are available to provide assistance.
Reasons to check your plan:
• If you thinking you are paying too much, looking for a lower premium or deductible
• Prescriptions are not being covered the same as last year with your current insurer.
• Your co-pay has increased.
Your responsibilities are:
• Bring a list of your medications, how often you take them and the strength and/or if you were given papers from last year, bring them.
• Bring your Medicare Card
• Have in mind if you wish a plan with a deductible or no deductible.
This is the only time period that a person can change their company for another year.
Please call 620-450-1422 to make an appointment or to ask questions. Appointments are being taken to reduce waiting time.