A faulty pop machine compressor set of alarms at Alco forcing the evacuation of the building Wednesday afternoon.
It took firefighters about a half an hour to track down the source of the smell. The pop machine was located on the top floor in a stock storage area next to a break room, said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.
The compressor put off a strong odor but produced no smoke in the building.
"There was no haze but there was definitely an odor," Kramer said.
The only damage was to the compressor. The store reopened about 5:30 p.m.