Vegetarian recipe: Pepper Lover's Pizza
- Pepper Lover's Pizza
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 each small sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, julienned
* 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
* 1/3 cup prepared pesto
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers, onion and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
* Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides of bread with pesto; top with pepper mixture. Top with cheese.
* Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 6 servings.