It’s been two years since I caught the microwave on fire…which in my defense wasn’t really my fault.  We had this really old microwave, I mean this thing was ancient and we always had to double our cooking time just to heat the food to the right temperature.  You would think that was our first indication something was wrong, but we continued on until that Wednesday morning before Christmas. 

I popped my pancakes in the microwave for 1 minute and then went to answer the phone and start my last day before vacation.  Less than 30 seconds later I see smoking bellowing out of the office kitchen and my first thought is the fire alarm going off in the entire building.  I knew I wouldn’t live that one down so I start fanning the smoke from the smoke detectors and the sprinklers, because it would be even worse if the sprinklers went off.  A few people from the neighboring office come over to help fan the smoke away, because you could now smell burnt popcorn on the entire 4th floor.  Luckily, the smoke detectors and the sprinklers didn’t go office but as the smoke faded into thin air, the boss walked in and I had explaining to do.  Come to find out the microwave over heated, catching the pancakes and the paper bowl on fire.

Unfortunately for us it smelled like burnt popcorn in the office for over a month, but the good news is that Santa brought us a new microwave for Christmas. 

It’s been two years since I caught the microwave on fire…which in my defense wasn’t really my fault.  We had this really old microwave, I mean this thing was ancient and we always had to double our cooking time just to heat the food to the right temperature.  You would think that was our first indication something was wrong, but we continued on until that Wednesday morning before Christmas. 

I popped my pancakes in the microwave for 1 minute and then went to answer the phone and start my last day before vacation.  Less than 30 seconds later I see smoking bellowing out of the office kitchen and my first thought is the fire alarm going off in the entire building.  I knew I wouldn’t live that one down so I start fanning the smoke from the smoke detectors and the sprinklers, because it would be even worse if the sprinklers went off.  A few people from the neighboring office come over to help fan the smoke away, because you could now smell burnt popcorn on the entire 4th floor.  Luckily, the smoke detectors and the sprinklers didn’t go office but as the smoke faded into thin air, the boss walked in and I had explaining to do.  Come to find out the microwave over heated, catching the pancakes and the paper bowl on fire.

Unfortunately for us it smelled like burnt popcorn in the office for over a month, but the good news is that Santa brought us a new microwave for Christmas.