A faulty air conditioning system at the Dollar General Store set off an automatic alarm system Wednesday afternoon.
After searching the building, firefighters determined the air conditioning system was not working properly and the air in an AC duct reached at least 100 degrees setting off the alarm, said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.
The building was not damaged.
Earlier today, firefighters were called to a fire in an empty garage at 623 Thompson, which also damaged a garage at 413 Maple. There were no injuries.