I am writing in regard to the topic of the announcement by former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta of assigning women to close military ground combat. The American public must be informed of the consequences of this unconstitutional decision by the Obama administration. Some of these egregious consequences are as follows:
• According to the United State Constitution only the congress shall have the power "To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces." Article 1, Section 8. Thus, the United States Congress is carrying out an unconstitutional measure if it does not act to stop this action.
• Assigning women to close ground combat against vicious enemy troops creates a war on 18-year-old girls who didn't choose to serve in the military.
• The army is pretending women are physically equal to men. Thus creating "diversity metrics," female quotas. This will change all requirements that women pass the same tests required of the men.
• At least ten percent of women in the military are pregnant at any one time. Thus, creating a huge problem for troop readiness. The military cannot deploy a pregnant woman into combat.
• The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1981, "The purpose of registration was to prepare for a draft of combat troops. Since women are excluded from combat, Congress concluded that they would not be needed in the event of a draft, and therefore decided not to register them."
The public needs to let their senators and representatives know they want congress to enact legislation to exempt women from close ground combat and urge them to do this before Congress takes up the national Defense Authorization Act for 2014.