A small grease fire on the grill at Woody's resulted in closing the restaurant for a while Saturday night.

A small grease fire at Woody’s Sports Bar and Grill shut down operations Saturday night but caused little damage to the restaurant. Firefighters were called at 6:41 p.m. When they arrived the staff had already extinguished the fire with baking soda, said Fire Lt. Mike Adams.

Fire fighters did use one water canister but no other equipment was needed. The fire was so small and contained that several customers did not exit the building but stayed to eat and drink as firefighters entered the building.

Woody’s closed for a while Saturday night to clean the grill and to work on a gas burner that refused to shut off but had no connection with the fire.

No staff, customers or firefighters were injured in the fire.