From plays to movies to state basketball action, there is plenty for Prattans to do this weekend.
A plethora of activities take place in and around Pratt this weekend and in coming days, offering interesting choices for those looking for something to do. Topping the list at number 1 is a local production of the well- known play “Pinocchio” from father Geppetto’s point of view.
1. Pratt Community College and friends puts on the drama production “Pinocchio” at 7:30 p.m. March 10 and 11 and 2:30 p.m. on March 12 in the Carpenter Auditorium at the college. Cast members include many local actors including Thatcher Jachobs as Pinocchio, Zachary Stone as Geppetto and Arica Alexander as the Blue Fairy, and many more. A dinner theater is included in the offerings at 6:15 p.m. on March 11 by reservation. Dinner and show package is $15. Call 620-450-2212 for information.
2. The Pratt High School boys' basketball team won their first round of competition at the 4A state tourney in Emporia on Thursday night, so they play again on Friday night at 8:15 against Wichita Collegiate. If they win, the championship game will be Saturday, same place, same time.
3. The Barron Theater on Main Street will be open this weekend showing “Miracles from Heaven” sponsored by Taylor Printing. Show- times will be 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
4. “The Cowboy” also known as Jim Gray will present a program of Kansas cowboy heritage and lore at the 2 p.m. March 12 annual membership meeting of the Pratt County Historical Museum. Gray, who is the executive director of the National Drovers Hall of Fame and writes a weekly western column, will “Head ‘Em up and Move ‘Em Out” at the museum.
5. For some out-of-town excitement, there is a Dodge City Law professional arena football game in Wichita, this weekend at the Intrust Bank Arena where they will play the Wichita Force. Game time is 7 p.m.