1. KANSAS FRESH: Michael Nachbar, chef and owner of the Depot, will prepare several recipes for people to sample at the Leavenworth Farmers Market.
WHEN: 9-11 a.m. Saturday for sampling
WHERE: Haymarket Square, Cherokee and Seventh streets
COST: Samples are free
2. CGSC SCRAMBLE: Trails West Golf Course on Fort Leavenworth welcomes the incoming class at the Command and General Staff College with a golf tournament, but the event is open to anyone. Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, golf and cart.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Saturday
WHERE: Trails West Golf Course, 306 Cody Road
COST: $55 for non-members, $40 for members
3. BRUNCH AND LEARN: Mindy Anderson will be the guest speaker and talk about women on a mission.
WHEN: Noon Saturday
WHERE: Faith Christian Center International, 616 Grand Ave.
COST: $12 per person
4. MEDIEVAL POTTERY WORKSHOP: Participants will paint pottery with medieval patterns. Participants are allowed to bring food and beverages.
WHEN: 3-10 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Bisque-It, 504 Delaware St.
COST: $40 per person
5. PICKING SUNDAYS: Help bring in the grape harvest at the Holy-Field Winery. The winery will host the event on Sundays through Oct. 1. Reservations are required.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Sunday
WHERE: Holy-Field Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor