Pratt High's football season was ended Friday night when they were upset 39-25 by Kingman.

Pratt High’s football season came to an abrupt end Friday night at Kingman as the Greenbacks were upended 39-24 by the Eagles on their Senior Night.

The Eagles came out breathing fire, and were very robust in their physicality. For the most part, they controlled the line of scrimmage with their offensive line.

A 65 yard TD run by William Milford gave Kingman the 7-0 lead at 3:15 of the first quarter, and from then on, Pratt found itself playing catch-up most of the night.

Kingman was making it difficult for Pratt to use their bread-and-butter, stacking the box to take away Travis Theis up the middle. At times it seemed as though the entire Eagle team, up to and including the water boy, was keying on stopping Theis.

PHS had to turn to other options, and QB Landen Studer responded by taking it to the house on a 40 yd keeper. 7-6 Kingman as Pratt missed the extra point.

Kingman took up about half the second quarter on their next drive. They were methodical but effective as their wishbone triple option offense just kept grinding up yards. Most of the night, the Eagles were second and 5, third and 1 as they just drove the ball relentlessly.

It was an effective tactic as it kept the ball out of the hands of the more explosive Pratt offense.

Kingman went up 14-6 following the long drive.

The Frogs answered quickly as a Studer to Brett Winsor pass got the ball into the red zone, then Studer found Kadence Riner in the end zone with a 15 yd TD pass. 14-12 Kingman with a missed conversion.

That’s where the score stood at halftime as a Kingman field goal effort missed at the buzzer.

The Eagles received the second half kickoff and got another long TD run by Milford to go up 21-12 at 10:05 of Q3.

On PHS’ possession, Brett Winsor hauled in a pass to get the ball into the red zone. Theis converted a 5 yd TD run to close the score to 21-18.

On Kingman’s next possession, they settled for a field goal to make it 24-18 Eagles.

Pratt’s next drive was stopped by an INT. Moving into the 4th period, Max Rickard got the ball back for PHS by recovering a Kingman fumble.

Pratt advanced from about midfield with a pass to Winsor taking the ball to the Kingman 15. From there, Kadence Riner somehow squirmed through the Eagle defense on a middle screen for a TD that gave the Greenbacks the lead for the first time in the ballgame, 25-24.

But the Frogs were unable to hold the lead. Milford scampered for yet another TD and Kingman was back on top 32-25.

Pratt had the ball with 3:33 left on the clock and a chance to drive for the tying or go-ahead score. They got the ball into Eagle territory, but a holding penalty put them behind the down and distance.

Kingman intercepted the pass that PHS was forced to throw and that was pretty much the ballgame. Pratt sold out defensively in a last ditch effort to regain the ball and Kingman was able to take it to the house to extend the final score to 39-25 Kingman as time expired.

“Kingman’s offensive line played very physical,” PHS head coach Jamie Cruce explained, “and they did some good things against us defensively.”

“We weren’t able to make stops when we needed to,” Cruce continued. “It hurts right now, especially for the Seniors, for the season to end that way."

PHS’ season ends with a 7-2 record. Kingman moves on to face Scott City in the first round of playoffs next week.

Pratt 6 6 6 7 25

Kingman 7 7 10 15 39