More than 3 inches of rain fell in parts of Pratt County on Wednesday.

After months of no measurable moisture falling in Pratt, area residents welcomed more than 3 inches of rain on Wednesday. Rain reports across the city indicated that heavier amounts fell in the northeast with Kenny Marsh logging in 3.25 inches on Welton Street around 3:30 p.m. and Carter Barker with 3 inches in Saratoga Township.
South and west of town, Carol Eubank measured 1.80 inches of rain in Grant Township by Coats. At the Pratt Veteran’s Memorial Lake east of town, run-off from the rain created blustering white-water rapids at the overflow area on the north side of the lake.
Pratt Law Enforcement officers said there had not been any reports of flooding, though they confirmed more than 3 inches had fallen around the city on Wednesday afternoon.
According to Weather Channel forecasts for the region, seven of the next eight days have at least a 40 percent chance of rain. Most days have 60 percent or more.
Rain continued to fall in the afternoon and evening hours on Wednesday in Pratt. Farmers welcome the moisture for  cropland, and dry lakes and creeks will benefit.
Flood warnings were issued in other parts of the state on Wednesday particularly in Lyon County where the Cottonwood River threatened its banks near Emporia.