Pratt firefighters called out for several small fires in the area.

Pratt firefighters have been busy answering calls for several small fires over a nine day period.
Firefighters were called to 111 North Ninnescah on July 23 to a very small fire on a carpet. A cigarette fell on the floor and caused a small burn. The resident had the fire out when firefighters arrived. Firefighters used fans to help clear smoke from the fire. No one was injured in the fire, said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.
On July 24, firefighters responded to a grass fire in the backyard at a residence at 1101 Champa. The fire was very small, only about 10 feet by 10 feet, and was quickly extinguished. No one was at home at the time of the fire that may have been started by a discarded cigarette, Kramer said.  
On July 29, a small fire was reported at 919 North Jackson. A cigarette had gotten lodged between a siding shingle and the house and caused a scorch area under the shingle. The fire was out when firefighters arrived but they watered down the area for safety. The residents, who all got out safely, said the smoke detector previously installed by the fire department worked and was loud, Kramer said. Damage to the house was very minor with just the scorch and a slight aroma of smoke in the basement.
Firefighters were called to Heavy Metal recyclers on Pedigo Drive on July 31 to the report of a fire on an excavator. Some oil on the engine had caught fire. Employees had the fire extinguished before firefighters arrived. The fighters used canisters to make sure the fire was extinguished, Kramer said.
Firefighters were on scene at each fire for under a half hour.