Casey's General Store in Pratt was the scene of brief chaos Sunday when an unattended rice cooker caused a store evacuation.

An unattended rice cooker at Casey’s General Store in Pratt resulted in an evacuation and some tense moments early Sunday afternoon for customers and workers there.
The Pratt Fire Department was notified that smoke was coming out of an unattended container under a table at Casey’s around 1 p.m., said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.
A Pratt Police Officer was first on scene and found people still in the store so he helped evacuate the building. Firefighters were quickly on the scene and were helping to secure the building and block off access when a truck driver came running up and said he had left his rice cooker inside. The truck driver had been cooking rice while he was in the building and had simply forgotten to take it with him. The trucker simply picked up the cooker and left with it, Kramer said.
Firefighters were on scene for 15 to 20 minutes. The store was reopened without damage to the building and no one was injured in the incident.
Pratt Police and Pratt County Sheriff’s officers assisted at the scene.