Your daily news briefing, with a video report, news of the week ahead and a gas price update.
- This week is a huge one for movies, with possibly the best lineup of the year. You might even want to make a couple trips to the theater this holiday weekend. Here’s the lineup: “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” rated R; “Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol,” PG-13; “The Adventures of Tintin,” PG; “We Bought a Zoo,” PG; and “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,” PG-13.
- Tuesday at sundown is the beginning of Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival.
- And next Sunday is Christmas Day!
- The NBA season begins next Sunday. The labor dispute shortened the season, but it finally begins on Christmas Day - a great present for fans.
- On Wednesday, Manssor Arbabsiar, the man charged in the alleged plot to kill the Saudi ambassador, will be in court for a hearing on the charges.
Video to note
Watch as this store worker fights off a robber with a coffee pot:
Gas price update
Prices basically held steady this past week:
- This week: $3.259
- 1 week ago: $3.295
- 1 month ago: $3.411
- 1 year ago: $2.984
- Record high: $4.114
GateHouse News Service