A smoke smell brought Pratt firefighters to 120 N. Thompson where a hot refrigerator motor was the cause of the smoke.
A hot refrigerator turned out to be the source of a smoky smell and some smoke at 120 North Thompson Tuesday night.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 6:30 p.m. When they arrived and searched the house they found no fire and no smoke.
After interviewing the residents, Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer said they smelled smoke and saw some smoke coming from the refrigerator. The refrigerator motor was running hot so the resident was going to just unplug the unit and keep an eye on it.
No one was injured in the incident.