|
|
PrattTribune - Pratt, KS
  • Hot rug causes smoke in unoccupied house

  • A rug over a floor furnace caught fire and put smoke in a house at 611 North Thompson
    • email print
  • Pratt Firefighters made quick work of a burning throw rug that caught fire at 611 North Thompson in Pratt Friday afternoon. The homeowner, Dick McCall, had turned on the electricity to this rental property on Friday. When he went to check on the house he opened the door and smoke poured out of the house. When firefighters arrived and made entrance they discovered a throw rug had been left on top of a floor furnace vent and had caught fire when the furnace came on. The fire was contained to the rug but it caused some smoke damage to the house, according to Pratt Firefighters Capt. Todd Hoffman and Lt. Dan Decker.
      • calendar