All family members in a house at 910 Curtis escaped uninjured from a house fire around 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Several Pratt residents escaped injury early Monday morning when a malfunction in the electrical system caused a fire at 910 Curtis around 5 a.m.
When firefighters arrived flames were visible on the bottom edge of the siding on the backside of the house, said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.
The neutral electrical wire had come loose, made contact with the metal siding and started a fire that went up the fiberboard in the wall space.
The interior of the house suffered little damage except for some smoke and odor problems. Firefighters had to pull off a lot of siding off the backside of the house to get all the hotspots put out.
About a half dozen people were in the house but a smoke detector alerted the family and they all got out fast and safe. Children were in the room next to the room that caught fire, Kramer said.
The wiring was part of the house wiring and not a city connection.